CKA Clan
all canadian clan & gaming community. canadian battlefield clan, canadian call of duty clan, bf3, bf4

Forums

-> Public Game Forums -> General Bullshit -> Giving an interview after being up for 30 hours...asked abou

You are missing out! Many features are stripped out for guests. Register and login.

Giving an interview after being up for 30 hours...asked abou

| | Print
 Share  Share on Facebook
  Author    Thread Reply to topic
back_blastnet

Giving an interview after being up for 30 hours...asked abou

Hey folks, kinda funny as hell. I did an interview on CTV after being up for 30 hours. I have to laugh at how many times I said "ah" while waiting for my brain to work. I was asked about building Lego at 4am in the House of Commons. It also appeared in a Macleans blog AND a National post article.

National Post Article

Macleans Blog
(I'm mentioned several times)

Sat Jun 16, 2012 4:12 pm
  View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website MSN Messenger        
IndoAssassin

I vote for you as our next Prime Minister.

Sat Jun 16, 2012 11:03 pm
DeStro

haha awesome.

Sun Jun 17, 2012 12:47 pm
Devastator

Legos...why?

Mon Jun 18, 2012 12:56 pm
back_blastnet

Devastator wrote:
Legos...why?

why not? on my side I was scheduled to be in the house for 19 consecutive hours and due to delays the voting started 6 hours later then originally scheduled. There were earlier meetings too, so I'd been up for 12 hours before the voting started.

On top of work, being in one spot for so long meant I needed to bring some things to keep busy and awake. The lego was one such device.

Mon Jun 18, 2012 4:41 pm
Azariahz

Should have brought a bigger model Razz

Mon Jun 18, 2012 7:36 pm
back_blastnet

Azariahz wrote:
Should have brought a bigger model Razz

Would have been nice, thing is there isn't that much space on those desks and the only bigger sets I have to build are:

which would have required me to take over the clerks desk in the middle of the chamber...

Tue Jun 19, 2012 3:54 am
Highwaym4n

back_blastnet wrote:

which would have required me to take over the clerks desk in the middle of the chamber...

Shocked

That would have been buckets of

AWESOME...!!!

Tue Jun 19, 2012 1:14 pm
back_blastnet

Yeah, but I have to be in my seat to vote #fail

Tue Jun 19, 2012 4:02 pm
NewfieBullet

I was lost after the first few seconds !!!

Wait it is 3 am here and I am in big trouble with the wife. It is all your fault big Dan.

Good to see ya in action man.

Call me soon so we can catch up.

Just not tonight I am in enough trouble !

Fri Jun 22, 2012 1:14 am
frostsbyte

It's strange I see you talking to the interviewer, I keep remembering your voice in my mind when you speak in Teamspeak, all this politic stuff is strange.

Meaning it's strange to see the face behind the voice. I guess it's always like that in online interactions.

ps. they should let you sleep.... ok I have no idea what's going on, but sleep is important.

Sat Jul 28, 2012 3:19 pm
back_blastnet

We do normally get to sleep, that was a special case. 19 hours of voting on a budget after a 12hour parliamentary day which was after 4hrs of caucus meetings.

Yeah, I didn't expect Goatbeard's 'boyish looks' when I met him either.

Sun Jul 29, 2012 9:57 pm
peeka

poor blastnet, it looked like u were trying to keep ur eyes open most of the time lol. how many redbulls or energy drinks did u hav that day Razz

Tue Aug 21, 2012 7:11 am
back_blastnet

Hey Peeka, I don't drink Red Bull, but there was lots of coffee drunk that day. I was even more out of it since I'd just had a 10 minute nap right before doing the interview. There's a very unflattering photo of me that another MP took that will not be shared.

Wed Aug 22, 2012 7:36 pm
Forum Rules: